SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE Archives

Sci-Cult Science-as-Culture

SCIENCE-AS-CULTURE@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chris Ganchoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sci-Cult Science-as-Culture <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 13:49:45 -0700
Erik,

I agree wholeheartedly with what you say, but Clay gives us the
opportunity to directly confront the conservative image of what the list
stands for.  This gives us a chance to debate these issues in a forum.
I enjoy wrangling with these folks, but I understand that others would
not.

What I would prefer is if Clay would keep the size of his posts to a more
managable length.  Most of what he says is cheap shots and name calling,
and if he were to stick to more substantial issues, perhaps this dialogue
would be more enlightening.  Of course he may not want to do this since
there could be no substance to his arguement.

I agree that the George Will piece is absurd to forward to this list.  But
if that is Clay's evidence for his position, then perhaps he need say no
more.

Know thy enemy.
Cheers
Chris