TELEHEALTHNEWS Archives

TelehealthNews Newsletter

TELEHEALTHNEWS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marlene Maheu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TelehealthNews Newsletter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2013 08:03:00 -0400
Colleagues,

Want to know where to discuss one of the most innovative areas of psychology at APA 2013?

The full range of technology-related programming across APA Divisions has been organized for you by the proposed Society for Technology and Psychology.

At our website, you'll find:

1. A FREE, handy, downloadable APP that organizes the convention's technology-related presentations. The app includes technology-related presentations; STP social events; links to STP Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter; and easy access to the STP petition (the app can be downloaded through your mobile app store at http://my.yapp.us/STP2013APA)

2. Details about the society's annual technology HAPPY HOUR and networking opportunity to be held Friday, August 2, from 3 - 5:30 pm   Registration is limited. Click here to sign up:
                      http://apaconvention.eventbright.com

3. A flier/calendar of events, times and locations for you to print and bring with you to the APA to easily find technology-related programs of all types (give it a few minutes to download): http://stp-apa.net/stpnew/?page_id=485#.UeXMO421HTp

The Society for Technology and Psychology (STP) is working to galvanize efforts at APA to point us toward establish a home base for psychologists and other professionals to:

* share technology-related information
* facilitate the development of new technology applications, policies, and standards
* and help psychologists build a bold future through technology for themselves, their clients/patients, and for our profession(s)

If you haven't yet signed the petition supporting our efforts toward bringing much more technology to APA, please do so now. Join the many, many psychologists who feel strongly that we can do much more toward increasing our involvement with technology innovation.

We only need 25 more signatures to ask to have our plea for a new APA Division heard by Council: http://stp-apa.net/

We look forward to seeing you at APA and discussing about STP and how technology innovation by psychologists is transforming practice, research, education and policy.

Marlene

Marlene M. Maheu, Ph.D.