THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donald Michaelmd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:46:22 EST
In a message dated 3/10/02 11:17:09 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  Also, he cannot order an MRI on the goiter/neck area because he can
> > only order tests for the head, etc., for neurological problems.  He
> cannot
> > order tests for soft tissue areas. >>>>

Now, I am not about to call anyone a liar, but I was a Neurologist for a
time: And that was never done or even heard of. It seems like an
embellishment of the Podiatrists not being to operate above the knee.

We are physicians, and if we need to look for Gall Bladder problems, no one
has ever said that we cannot. As long as there is a good reason, the
"Radiology Police" are not going to complain about any doc ordering an MRI.
This represents big bucks, and there is true reluctance for anyone to bite
the hand that feeds the department.

Doc Don

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!