THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:22:04 EST
From:    Dionne Conway <[log in to unmask]>

> i am new to your group and would like to know if anyone is familiar with =
> hyperthyroid but with hypo symptoms? they are treating me with synthroid =
> and is not doing the trick. does this sound familiar to anyone?
> dionne

Some of the symptoms do overlap.  However, it's much more likely to be the
other way around.  Reasons you may not be getting better on Synthroid could be -

The dosage is wrong.  Too low a dosage can actually exacerbate the symptoms.

Treating a thyroid problem with concurrent low adrenals can do the same.

Not everyone gets better on Synthroid.  Synthroid is T4 only.  Some need
Armour Thyroid, a T4/T3 product derived from pork, or T3.  T4 must turn into
active T3 to be helpful, some people do not covert T4 to T3 well.

Skipper

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!