THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joyce Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 07:54:04 EST
I have a very large goiter that has started 10 - 15 years ago.  All thyroid
tests come back normal and actually I seem to feel ok. However, I have a
tremor of the head that has been diagnosed as sposmadic torticollis.  A
nerve/muscle in the neck that controls this movement is on the same side as
this huge goiter.  The neurologist thinks the goiter wouldn't have anything
to do with it, but it seems strange to me that they are both on the same
side.  Also, he cannot order an MRI on the goiter/neck area because he can
only order tests for the head, etc., for neurological problems.  He cannot
order tests for soft tissue areas.

Anyway, has anyone experienced symptoms such as this caused by a goiter that
has become very large?

Joyce

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.