THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beatriz Herrera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 10:45:54 -0500

>Date:    Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:19:08 -0400
>From:    tealeaf3 <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Hashimoto's Disease
>
>  .  I quit taking Synthroid.  =
>  Having been told by my previous MD, an internist in=20
>   California, that  Armour was a natural serum, not
>   a drug, I simply took it upon myself to up the dosage until I was=20
>   functioning comfortably.  I knew enough about thyroid supplement=20
>   not to depend upon a physician's concurrence in my estimation of=20
>   the correct dose for myself before trying it.  I just went ahead and
>   did what I had to do.  Today I'm fine.  I also take a small amount of
>   a prescribed stimulant daily to leverage myself higher than the degree =
>
>   reached with Armour.  I hope the details of my  experience may be of=20
>   help to  you.  Edimay
>
>------------------------------

Hi Edimay,

Did you have blood tests done before changing to Armour, or changing the
dose?  Which symptoms improved with the change.

Im afraid I don't know much about Thryoid treatment even though I've also
been taking supplments for over 34 years. I was on 250 mg of Euthyrox
(that's our local brand name) but last February I had to be hospitalized by
a strong arrhythmia and the tests showed my thyroid was supressed. I was
put on .50 mcg of Synthroid which caused a weight gain of 10 lbs on a two
month period. Another doctor increased the dose to 75 mcg, which helped
with weight loss, but I'm still not feeling well. I'm extremely exhausted
most of the time.

I'm not sure I could get Armour here in Colombia, but doctors may not know
how to handle it. I could order it from the States, as I did with Synthroid
years ago.

I would appreciate any ideas you could give me.

Best regards,

Beatriz

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!