THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 10:45:58 EDT
> > Rosemary Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
>
>  >  At this point, should I just make an   appointment with an
> enndocrinologist (probably have to drive 200 miles one
>  >  way)...for thyroid issues?  OR, should I go to an internist or ob-gyn
or
>   I hesitate going
>  >  to another GP....
I have the good fortune to have two good doctors.  I use Doc Don and also a
D.O. (doctor of osteopathy ) who will work with me.  That's really the key, a
doctor who will work with you and not just try for particular lab results.
We took my wife to two endos, neither picked up on her thyroid problem, one
was so arrogant he didn't even look at any labs or ask her about her eating
habbits and told her the solution was Phen-Fen, a dangerous appetite
suppressant.  The kind of doctor doesn't matter, only if they will work with
you.

Skipper Beers

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!