THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 20:39:03 EDT
Skipper Beers wrote:  <Addison's Disease if my adrenals had  remained
untreated.  Specific symptoms went away such as costochondritis  (chest pain, also a
component of hypothyroidism), rheumatoid pain in the hips,  and frequent
urination, a symptom I've only heard about at linked to Addison's a  time or two.>

I was interested in the symptoms you described.  On only Synthroid for
several years, with a lot more symptoms than when I first went on the  med, I too
suffer center chest pain (on the breast bone area), and horrible  stiffness and
joint pain in the hip area...to the point it is difficult to stand  from a
seated position.  It has been getting worse; and includes some very  low back
pain on one side.  I work in front of a computer all day long, so  attributed
this to just being too sedentary (I'm 52; a female).  Could this  be related to
my thyroid disorder?  I know my aching, hurting feet are  related, from what
I've read here.

R. Hayward

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!