THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:52:23 EDT
In a message dated 8/5/2007 3:00:39 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Susan  Austin, on May 27, 2007, wrote:
I hope to hear more comments from those  who've tried the Wilson's
protocol and/or from those who've had high blood  pressure issues with
Hashimotos  >>>>
I've had problems with Hypothyroidism for most of my life, but only had the
diagnosis for about the last 16 or so years. I always did better, initially,
on  thyroid replacement; but eventually it would not work well, and I'd need an
 increase.

On Levoxyl (T4), I eventually took myself up to 900 mcg a day,  and was still
sluggish. On Armour, I did well on 2 grains, but after several  years, I was
taking 15 grains before breakfast, and still not especially  well.

Since doing (with poor adherence to the protocol) the Wilson's thyroid, I
have felt the best I had ever. I have used the protocol, or some variation, on
hundreds of patients; and I have become a Believer. Skipper was the first to
tell me about it; and I confess, at first, I did not believe it. Now, it seems
 obvious, and I can't understand why more docs don't use it.

I suspect that anything that is frugal and cost effective is not a money
maker for the Medical-Pharmaceutical complex, and is very unlikely to catch on.

Peace,

Doc Don

(AKA D, Michael, MD, PC)