THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
baron chat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2005 02:51:23 -0700
On May 19, 2005, at 10:57 PM, Edith Wallace Andrews wrote:

> Dear BK and Other Listers:   From my own experience and reading, I
> believe
> everyone would do well to insist upon Armour Thyroid for whatever
> apparent
> thyroid malfunction they are experiencing,  even if nothing shows
> up  in lab
> tests.

hi edith,

some people do just fine on synthroid.  some do great on armour.
others do better on levoxyl, or a t4 + t3 mix.  armour didn't help me
at all--it only moved my tsh.  i've only seen an improvement with
large doses of cytomel with no t4 whatsoever, every 12 hours, as per
the wilson's protocol.  amazingly, this has taken place over the
course of a month, with over 2.5 years of severe rheumatoid pain,
that synthroid, armour, levoxyl and conventional t3 doses didn't touch.

patients and doctors should try different drugs and therapies to see
which one works best.  armour doesn't work for everyone just like
synthroid doesn't work for everyone.  levoxyl actually worked better
for me, but still wasn't that great.

best,
baron

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.