THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 02:42:01 EDT
On 10/9/2003 a participant wrote:
>>I recently discovered that soy can inhibit thyroid medication. Now I am
afraid to ingest any more soy, and must find other options for meeting protein
requirements. (beans, I read, can also inhibit thyroid medication)<<

I'm hypothyroid and have other problems with all legumes and have reasons to
restrict meat in my diet.  Some answers may be coming.  A nutritionist from a
university for adherents of vegetarian diets answered my inquiry and will send
me some information, and I have asked her if I can share the information on
plant-based nutrition.

I nibble on nuts (not peanuts) for some protein and certain minerals I need.
But I would like more protein food.

Peg

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!