THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Colleen Witzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:22:43 EST
 Dear Group,

I am hoping someone can enlighten me on when a Dr. would consider prescribing
Glucophage. What kind of tests are best for diagnosing insulin resistance? As
far as I know there is no diabetes in my family history. I am probably over
due for a regular physical but need to keep the costs down for lab tests. I
am hypothyroid and taking 3 grains of Armour a day. No matter what type of
diet I am on or how much exercise I do, the scales are stuck. I only need to
lose approx. 10 pounds. My daughter has the same problem but needs to lose 25
pounds and is also on 3 grains. Would Glucophage be appropriate? My basal
body temp. is 98.0 in the a.m. and my T3 levels are slightly higher than the
normal range but my Dr. is flexible and allows me to monitor my dose. I have
had low adrenals in the past but they have improved.

Can someone tell me the approx. cost of Glucophage per month as well?  Is
anyone taking Glucophage that is not diabetic?

Thanks for all your help,

Colleen Witzel

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!