THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2007 12:57:55 -0600
At 08:50 PM 5/24/2007, you wrote:

Hello everyone,

Welcome, Judy - I really enjoyed your post.  I also have a
medical/nursing background.  Currently I work in hospice where
quality of life is the big focus.
Sounds like changing to the Wilson's protocol has made all the
difference in improving your life quality!!

My situation is somewhat different.  I've never tried the  Wilson's
Protocol but am considering doing so and bought the book several
years ago.   My Hashimotos was diagnosed in 1997 and I did well on
Armour for many years.  Now, 10 years later, I still feel pretty well
but have certain hypo symptoms - constipation, anxiety, bad lipid
profile (with good diet), low body temp in the morning.  Yet I also
have some hyper symptoms - high blood pressure, anxiety, great
appetite, normal or high temp in the evenings, heat intolerance.  I
still have antibodies, which is unusual after 10 years, from what I've read.

All of this may mean I need cortisol and or the Wilson's
Protocol......am trying to figure it out.  I've seen a naturopath who
suggested lowering my dose of Armour.  AT that time I was on 3.5
alternating with 4 grains.  Lowering to 3 grains daily really helped
me for a while.  I felt good and my blood pressure normalized from
the lowered dose and from my exercise regimen.   Unfortunately that
phase didn't last!

I hope to hear more comments from those who've tried the Wilson's
protocol and/or from those who've had high blood pressure issues with
Hashimotos.

Susan