THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suzanne Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 23:13:35 EST
  I am very puzzled after coming home from my endo today. I was diagnosed
almost a year ago with hypothyroid. My TSH was at a 6.8. Not too bad. I was
started on .25 of levoxyl, as I am very sensitive to meds and had a black out
from heart palps.This is how  I was diagnosed in the first place. I was
increased to.50 and felt better for 2 months then began with the old
symptoms, heart problems, dizziness, tired, goiter, etc. So, I went and was
tested, came back at 3.2 tsh. They said I had room to play, slightly
increased me to .56. Again, I felt better for 2 months and started the old
symptoms. I got rechecked after 3 months of the .56 and my TSh has jumped to
a 9! How can that be? Why do I start to feel better then feel worse each
time, yet still have my tsh go down only to have it hike up to this 9? I saw
the "nurse practitioner" this last time and she didn't seem to have any
answers for me. I have had full panels before but no other testing. Any ideas
would be great, I am fearful of my heart getting weak like it had
before....and am planning a surgery in the next few weeks, but had hoped I
would have been in better health as far as my thyroid is concerened. Thanks
in advance for any and all imput. Suzanne

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.