THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Nancy Dunham <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:06:42 -0700
This is always so subjective, at least in my experience.  TSH has never
accurately reflected how I was really feeling.
However, I can tell you that the newest range (not that all doctors follow
it or are aware of it)  is .3 to 3.0.
But I know that I feel as you describe when I am at, like present 2.4 .  As
an example, 8 months ago I was at .03 (basically surpressed) and
have started taking a med that counteracts how my body is utilizing my
thyroid replacement.  Now I am at 2.4 and I have gained
80 pounds in that time period.

I suspect some of the other numbers may give you a larger picture, but the
one that counts by far is how you feel and how symptomatic you are.
I dont know if this helps at all, but wanted to give you what information I
have found both through personal experience and study.

.  MY TSH is 45.6.  My endo
> started me on 125 mcg T4.  He says it is safe to return to wok after I
have
> been on the T4 for 1 week.

Also I know that usually you want to go slowly up with either T4 or in my
case a combination in natural Armour -- because sometimes you can feel worse
when initially on replacement.  One site I have found helpful is Mary
Shomon's about.com site as is the archives of this site.

Nancy