THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:18:23 EST
In a message dated 1/11/2006 3:21:15 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Anyone
knows what would be the symptoms - long term and short-term  effects - of such
an overdose?  >>>>>
A short answer would be, "No, no one really knows the long and short term
effects of an over dose of radioactive iodine." But, there are some major
concerns that mainstream Medicine has been trying to deny for a very long  time:

1. All ionizing radiation is harmful to living animal cells. If we are
lucky, the damage is either of no consequences or the cell dies. It is  the few
remainder that result in the increased risk of cancer. Look up "Dr.  John
Goffman" in your search engine. He is an M.D. who has a Ph. D. in Radiation  Physics.
He has written books on the effects of ionizing radiation on everything  from
breast cancer and leukemia to coronary artery disease. I now refuse routine
dental x-rays.

2. Dr. David Derry (also an M.D., Ph. D) told me that there are 3 tissues  in
the body that very strongly take up iodine: thyroid, gut, and breast. The
latter would give me the most concern because breast tissue is very radiation
sensitive. An article on Dr. Mercola's web site suggested that even mammograms
induce more breast cancer than they successfully detect. I am not sure about
that, but I have no doubt that ionizing radiation needs to be avoided unless
absolutely needed for the best patient care.

3. Medicine has always been slow to admit that its practices are as
dangerous as they are. A very slightly radioactive contrast material that was  used in
x-ray studies, (Thorotrast, I think) was enough of a problem that it
frequently induced cancers. It was quietly taken off the market. There is a  vested
interest in NOT admitting mistakes in Medicine or Pharmaceuticals because  this
is Liability Suicide. As a direct consequence, dangerous vaccines,  bad
practices, and formidable pharmaceuticals remain on the market far too  long. The
additional victims are martyrs to dilute the liability that  organization may
eventually need to face.

4. Take a look at the book or listen to the CDs, "Natural Cures They  Don't
Want You to Know About" by Trudeau. He asserts that the Medical  Pharmaceutical
Complex is the third leading cause of death and disability in the  United
States, today. I don't fully agree with that. I would place it in  the top 5.

A prayer that all works out well. And, ongoing adequate iodine intake is
good for almost anyone, but consult with your health care provider.

Doc Don

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]