THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:02:53 EDT
"Being thirsty could be related to being diabetic or in my case it was due to
low adrenal function. I was always thirsty and the fluids would go right
through me so I spent a lot of time in the bathroom. Once I started
recovering from
low adrenal function and gave up caffeine I was back to normal."

Hi,  Thanks so much for your response.  I have had a full hysterectomy so I'm
not worried about ovarian cancer. I too am hypoadrenal and take cortef.  I am
wondering if the low adrenal function is making me so thirsty as well.  I
have also wondered about diabetes incipitus because I put out a tremendous volume
of urine as I drink merrily along.  My Dr. thinks I have pituitary issues but
I don't know how to approach all of that and to what end since my thyroid and
adrenals are being treated.  For all of those who have had thyroid horror
stories with their doctors, take heart.  I went 3 years with severe symptoms
while being treated by an endocrinologist (a big deal in Atlanta). After I moved
home to Fla, I went back to my holistic MD and my life has improved greatly.
There ARE good docs.  God Speed.