THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Jennifer Glorioso <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:34:16 -0700
I am a RN on a cardiac unit at a local hospital.  MY TSH is 45.6.  My endo
started me on 125 mcg T4.  He says it is safe to return to wok after I have
been on the T4 for 1 week.  It has been 1 week.  I still feel foggy.  I
can't spell and I am very forgetful.  I don't think I am safe taking care of
patients but I can find no research on this subject.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennifer G.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thyroid Discussion Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of THYROID automatic digest system
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 2:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: THYROID Digest - 16 Feb 2006 to 18 Feb 2006 (#2006-16)

There is 1 message totalling 42 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. antihistamines blocking iodine?

Date:    Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:33:29 -0500
From:    polly <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: antihistamines blocking iodine?

Hello
I am new to the group and I am sure this question has been asked =
before........
I have read in nutritional books to avoid antihistamines if your =
hypothyroid.  Does taking antihistamines block the absorption of iodine? =
 And if it does......can anyone point me in the correct direction for =
some hard facts  I can take to my doctors appointment.

Some history.......
I started taking Zyrtec in 1998 for allergies and in 1999 when I with to =
the doctor for.......out of the blue, had no idea where it came from, =
depression!  I am not a unhappy person.  My doctor ran a blood test and =
says "oh, your hypothyroid", that's why your depressed.
Please help me on finding facts a doctor will take notice of.

Thank you in advance,
Polly

                      Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.

End of THYROID Digest - 16 Feb 2006 to 18 Feb 2006 (#2006-16)