THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michelle Shevy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 06:49:12 -0500

I too saw a dietitian, exercised, and gained weight---sometimes nearly 8
pounds per week.  Finally, since my FAMILY doctor deemed me obese
(otherwise I was a string bean until 3 years ago) I was put on Zyban.  In
two weeks, with little exercise, I've lost 13 pounds.  I think the original
weight loss was edema as my ankles, hands, and legs were swollen and in
pain.  Maybe you could get your doctor to try it for you.  Zyban used to be
used for stopping smoking until the medical establishment found out it is a
good weight loss med and anti-depressant.  I am taking one 75mg pill twice
a day and that dosage will be doubled in about another month.

I have no affiliation with the Zyban company or any of its affiliates.

Additionally, I have a friend that is Hypo.  She exercises for hours a day,
then walks for miles, eats fruit, belongs to three fitness clubs, has her
own home gym, belongs to Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers and the most she
has lost on her yearly January weight loss resolution is 11 pounds until
she is too tired to go any further.  She then gains back more than the year
before.  So don't feel badly about how hard you have been trying.
Good Luck,

--- Michelle Shevy

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]