THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:57:08 -0400
Skipper, Susan & List,
In my personal experience, thyroid problems are definitely affected by
hypoadrenalism.  I was diagnosed with Addisons Disease (primary adrenal
insufficiency) in 1994.  The endo who diagnosed me ran thyroid levels, and
my TSH was above '8.'  Going 'by the book,' he treated my addisons first,
life-saving measures I assure you, and I got started on full replacement of
steroids.

Then a month later, he said, we need to get doctors 'out of your life' for
awhile.  And suggested I begin on thyroid replacement.  Well, before a week
was out, my legs began to swell.  I couldn't even bend them!  I called his
office, and he advised to stop the thyroid medication immediately, and then
in a few weeks come in to recheck my levels.  My TSH was down to between 1
and 2!  (note this was by then about 7-8 weeks after starting Cortef).

So in my case anyway, my thyroid has functioned well for 10 extra years--til
starting synthroid this past spring.  Then again, perhaps I am a bit
'weird'!

best regards
Holly

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!