VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2023 15:33:11 -0700
Harry:

I'm assuming that one of those screenreaders is JAWS. If so, then to turn off the inline frame with the ads, do the following:

1) Press Insert+V while on the webpage to bring up the JAWS temporary menu.
2) Type in "inl" without the quotes in the edit box that shows up.
3) Tab over once to inline frames Show On and press the spacebar.
4) Tab over to OK and press enter.

That should resolve the inline frames issue until you reboot.

Concerning the not talking issue, I went over to the site using the latest version of JAWS and the latest version of Firefox and had no problems doing as you did. That said, if you are using JAWS 2021 or earlier with Google Chrome to access this site, there are some known issues and workarounds using both. Good luck.

--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides, if not more.