VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2023 16:07:28 -0700
Harry:

I did as you did and didn't have a problem using Windows 10 with the latest versions of JAWS 2020 and Firefox (I'm no longer using Firefox's ESRs and it's possible that is your proble, though I'm about to suggest another).

While I had no problems with this website, there was an item near the bottom that I was forced to pay attention to on the first page because it closed down the rest of the site. It was a notice asking whether or not I wanted to sign in to the site using my Google account. Fortunately, there was a "Close" button at the top of this request and when I pressed it (I didn't want to use my Gmail sign-in here), the site returned to its normal functioning.

You should also be aware that there are a couple of buttons for playing videos on this site, and it is possible that when you go to the second page that JAWS is throwing you down to the videos and slides instead of the information you're seeking. Finally, there is an ads insert frame that you may wish to turn off (I think I gave instructions on that in response to another note you sent). At any rate, I'd first close that sign-in box at the screen's bottom; then I'd check to make sure you weren't using the ESR version of Firefox; and then I'd shut off the in-line advertising frame to see if that caused the problem. The last thing I'd do (and there is a way to do this through Windows) would be to shut down the recognition of videos (i.e. run this site as a private one only).

--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides, if not more.