VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2020 21:53:15 -0400
Hi all,

I read the email that Emre, sent to the list, about Super Sense.

For the heck of it, I had Rick, my computer guy, who is using Android
10, on his MotoZ4play smart phone, download and install the app. Folks,
I kid you not, it reads everything, envelopes, anything you can imagine.
It finds things in a room, such as a chair, etc.

Here in my building where Brian, another guy on the list, and I, live,
we get a little try folded newsletter, and it read the whole thing. It's
absolutely, incredible. I got out my flip phone, and it read the screen
on it.

Then, Rick, suggested that I see if it could read my computer monitor.
So, we tried it, and I put the computer on the desktop, and it read all
the icons on it, every one of them!

This app is fantastic, and Emre is very responsive, to what we need.
Folks, I have never been able to read a restaurant menu, ever in print.
It's going to be so nice to go to dinner, and read the print, and here's
the important part, the up to date, print menu!!!

Now, if I can get it to start, just by using my voice, since my fingers
don't work well, I will be able to read things, by myself, which I have
not been able to do, for 20 years, since I had to get rid of my scanner.

take care,

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]