VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2019 17:58:04 -0500
Hi all,

For those of you who have echos of any kind, I just heard about a new
feature, that you can use, and oh is it a big one!!!

Now you all don't know this, but yours truly, had a light stroke in
2010. Thankfully, it didn't hurt me too much, however, sometimes, my
short term memory is affected. For example, I have gard, also known as
acid reflux, and I have to take a pill, a very powerful pill, called
Pantoprazole, the best anti reflux med I've ever taken! However, the
other night, I could not remember, if I took it or not, at 10 o'clock.

So, for this example, if you are within hearing range of your echo dot,
tap, show, etc., let's try this. I'll give you an example to try.

"alexa, remember that I took my Pantoprazle at 10."

She will say something like, "you want me to remember you took your
Pantoprazole at 10, right?

Then, you say, "yes", or, you can say, "right."

Now, I'll ask her, "Alexa, did I take my Pantoprazole at 10?"

And she says "I found, I took my Pantoprazole at 10."

That's all there is to it folks, you can make a note about anything.
Right now, there is no way verbally, to delete notes that you take, but
what a fantastic feature!!!!

enjoy!

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at