Dear people on the Science as Culture List,
Perhaps, I have not been specific enough about my area of study. I am investigating a period in German history when great store was set by the "scientific" investigation of history and of Biblical texts. There was little awareness of the problems involved with such science. Does anyone on the list know of a critique of this un-self-conscious pose of an objective scientific approach to materials where the subjective involvement of researcher preconceptions is inevitable.
Any help on this point is appreciated.
All the best,
Shakhar