Colleagues--

I am editing a special issue of _Academic Exchange Quarterly_
an international journal dedicated to the presentation of ideas
research, methods, and pedagogical theories leading to effective
instruction and learning regardless of level or subject.

The topic of the special issue is "The Teaching of Literature and Culture."
I am looking for articles dealing with theoretical and practical methods of
the teaching of literature and/or culture, how technology can be used for
the
teaching of literature/culture, student attitudes towards
literature/culture,
the role of literature in various disciplines, how culture can influence the
learning process, the future of literary/cultural studies, ethical issues
concerning the teaching of literature/culture, and the assessment of
literary/cultural learning.

http://rapidintellect.com/AEQweb/win0222.htm

The articles should be 1500-3000 words long. Because of the
interdisciplinary
nature of our journal, no single format or manuscript style is required. The
articles may be submitted by MS Word or postal mail. Although the deadline
for submission is October 1, 2002, early submissions will be given special
consideration.

For submission information, go to the following URL:

http://www.higher-ed.org/AEQ/rufen1.htm

Rebecca L. Chism, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Foreign Language Pedagogy
Department of Modern and Classical Language Studies
109 Satterfield Hall
Kent State University
Kent, OH 44224
http://rapidintellect.com/AEQweb/edprch.htm