To reply to a digest, insert the relevant message header; don't reply to the digest header -------------------------------------------------------------

Keith-

I think the yellow plates are actually 10lbs making that bar a total of 65lbs.  Pretty impressive!  The fellow doing this movement has been a crossfitter for some time and is in some amazing shape.

Regarding the caloric restriction-

It appears that a necessary component of the CR is an accute adrenal cortical response (stress) and typically some serious loss of muscle mass.  Some intermittent fasting protocols (eat one day, fast one day) seem to produce equally as good life extension as the CR without the loss of muscle mass.  Interestingly (to me anyway) is that ketone bodies appear to play a significant role in mitigating cognitive decline AND the intermittent fasting causes a profounding increased neuro-endocrine response to exercise.  I have been tinkering with a "how to" paper which would simply involve no food after say 5 pm one day, fasting through untill say 3pm the following day ad then trying to pack in a reasonable amount of food untill the following day at 5pm.  It seems like it would be pretty easy and the benefis might be quite impressive.

Robb

Rock, jazz, country, soul & more. Find the music you love on MSN Music! ----------------------------------------------------------------- The FAQ for Evolutionary Fitness is at http://www.evfit.com/faq.htm To unsubscribe from the list send an e-mail to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS in the _body_ of the e-mail.