We are looking towards purchasing OCR software to process our eReserves
so that they are more accessible to all members of our university
community. At the present we are leaning toward ABBYY FineReader
Corporate or Nuance's OmniPage (with ABBYY in the lead because of ease
of use)

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with these products (or
others) and can offer advice on the best one for our purpose.

(we are looking to OCR all future eReserves as well as slowly work
through past collections so that at some point in the near future all
our eReserves are screen reader accessible.)

I. Jeremy Seiferth

Digital Library Services Librarian
Healey Library - University of Massachusetts at Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd. Boston, MA 02125
Email: jeremy.seiferth AT umb DOT edu
Phone: 617.287.5938

Were I not a king, I would be an university man; and,
if it were so that I must be made a prisoner,
I would have no other prison than this library,
and be chained together with all these goodly authors.

--King James I

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<