My fellow Bullamankanites:      The correspondent below tells me stucco as a fake replacement for real brownstone is allowed in Landmark districts for the reason he gives.

Personally, I don't think a) stucco is anything but an awful "match" and b) brownstone is still available in the USA (pace Portland quarry in Connecticut.)

And you say, sirs and mesdames, ... what?

Christopher