L1 would be the top of the lumbar region which would be in the lower portion of the back.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 23, 2018, at 2:06 PM, Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Oh, so l1 is not at the tail end of the spine?  Is it more in the middle?

Thanks for explanations.

And by the way, now that voice recognition is being used to transcribe medical data, is it too late to become a transcriber, as a Braille screen reader user to edit mistakes?  I studied medical transcription years ago when it was offered at Hadley, but I eventually decided that it would be too emotionally stressful at that time.