Hello Ted and list:  Yes, Ted; that turned the trick; thanks!  Now it’s reading as I want it to!  Thanks and will keep these instructions around for reference in case I forget how I did this!

Tom Kaufman

From: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Ted Chittenden
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2023 5:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VICUG-L] Changing From Ascending To Decending

Tom:

I assume you’re using a standard desktop computer. If so, this is what you need to do to list the documents in alphabetical order.

  1. Go into your Documents folder.
  2. Press Alt+v for View.
  3. Press the down arrow key once.
  4. Tab until you hear JAWS (or other screenreader) say “Sort button.”
  5. Press Enter on the Sort button.
  6. The first item should say name with the check box marked. Press Enter here.

Now Your Documents folder should read correctly. Interestingly, when you press Enter on the Names check box, it doesn’t remove the check mark—it only reverses the order in which your list of documents appears.

Good luck.

--

Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides, if not more.