John
I am on the road. I would disagree with your take on the enlightenment, but I’m on the road and can’t give an adequate response. Maybe later.

Phil
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 13, 2024, at 10:00 AM, john wymore <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

ATTN:  Phil

Oh my goodness. Am I one?  Could be, I guess.  After all, I live in and am a citizen of what is known as a liberal democracy.  It is that because it was founded on principles of The Enlightenment which are said to be secularism, reason, social juistice, tolerance . The Constitution , its Preamble, and the Declaration of Independance codifiy them.  The Revolution, the Civl War, the Civil Rights Movement, the Equal Rights Amendment (which I think has still not been ratified) represent our moral commitmenmt. And confrom our liberal values. So any American loyal and committed to those values is just a middle of the road American, a centrist.   What exactly then is a crazy leftist ?

JW
______________ Gstalt-L is an independent eCommunity of people interested in gestalt therapy theory and its various applications. Its public archives can be found at http://listserv.icors.org/scripts/wa-ICORS.exe?A0=GSTALT-L, and subscriptions can be managed by clicking on "Subscriber's Corner," which is found at the archives.