:)

There is no turning away from the fact that modernism failed.  Hitler and Stalin, ironically, were high water marks.   Ideologies on steroids.

Dan

On Feb 15, 2024, at 2:21 PM, Peter Philippson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Phil,

Show me some left violence in Britain or the USA that comes anywhere near the killing of people in a synagogue, the threat to hang Pelosi, the insurrection on Jan 6th, etc.

Modernism failed: it produced the United Nations, the Geneva Convention, the National Health Service, gay liberation.  The 'post-secular' produced Putin's, Modi's and Iran's religious bigotry, and the bigotry of the fundamentalist Christian and Jewish churches  Just saying it doesn't make it true.  Show me a modernist who wants to kill people who disagree with them, to fight a war against civilians etc.

That's the trouble with religion: start with wonder at the universe, and end up killing people.

Peter