Wow Philip -- I am impressed!

THank you for sharing your change of perspective.

Warmly

Peter Cole

On Fri, Mar 8, 2024 at 10:05 AM Peter Philippson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
That is a brave thing to say and do.

Peter

On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 at 16:43, Philip Brownell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
"You can't love your country only when you win." --J. Biden, State of the Union, 3/7/24
Philip Brownell
I am voting straight democrat this time. NOT because I have suddenly become a progressive. NOT because I think Biden is the best thing we could possibly put forward. NOT because I think the Republicans have been evil all along, and I just now woke up. In fact, I'm not "woke." I'm sickened by the turn to myopia and the obstructing of aid to Ukraine that has gripped the Republican party and by the partisan politics that plays games with our country and people's lives. If I thought it would have a chance, I'd vote for a third party. And I'm not into futile resistance votes like "none of the above." I HAVE shaken loose from a previous political loyalty. More accurately I feel that people with whom I previously felt a kinship have become unrecognizable. I have personal peace about the future, because I know God personally, but I am still in this world, and while I'm here I have a responsibility to act responsibly.
______________ Gstalt-L is an independent eCommunity of people interested in gestalt therapy theory and its various applications. Its public archives can be found at http://listserv.icors.org/scripts/wa-ICORS.exe?A0=GSTALT-L, and subscriptions can be managed by clicking on "Subscriber's Corner," which is found at the archives.

--
Peter (Philippson)