At 13.38 -0600 99-04-28, Loren Cordain wrote: >My scheduled interview on dateline for this evening has been postponed >because of the increased coverage of the Columbine High School tragedy - >will let you know when it is re-scheduled. Mine was however not postponed - the best known and most respected scientific radio program in Sweden today sent a 20 minutes interview with me on the conceptGeneva of paleodiet in the prevention of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. I would like to comment on life span in past populations but I have too little time at the moment. To put it short, age estimates from human bones are very uncertain indeed above the age of 40. Even a complete skeleton from someone who is supposed to have died at the age of 50 could well have passed 80 years of age. 1. Arcini Caroline (1999). Health and disease in early Lund: Osteo-pathologic studies of 3,305 individuals buried in the first cemetery area of Lund 990-1536 [PhD Thesis]. 2. Isçan, M. Y., Kennedy, K. A. R. (1989). Reconstruction of life from the skeleton. New York, Wiley-Liss. 3. Saunders, S. R. and M. A. Katzenberg (1992). Skeletal biology of past peoples: research methods. New York, Wiley-Liss.