From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2022 13:36:46 +0000

I have been contacted by an anxious mother to see if we might be able to help place an Exchange Student from Mexico with dietary restrictions. Is anyone willing to help this girl? The Deadline for her placement is rapidly approaching, so response to this message is urgent. The contact is Icíar Andía ([log in to unmask]) and her imessage is below.
 Good morning, thank you very much for taking part of your time reading me. The FACE (Spanish celiac association) has given me your contact.
I am contacting you to ask for support with a matter involving my 15 years old daughter Cristina. Cristina is participating in the International Cultural Exchange Program or also known as J-1Public High School Exchange Program USA. http://www.icesusa.org/j-1-public-high-school-exchange-program-usa/ She has the approval of ICES, the American sponsor, since October 2021, all the courses taken, the Visa issued by the American Embassy, complete vaccination card, absolutely everything in order and ready to go abroad. But just now she has run into the problem that the American sponsor ICES has kicked her out of the exchange program because she is celiac. This is absolutely incomprehensible at this point. Besides, Cristina has perfect knowledge and handling of her diet. The only option the Spanish agency gives Cristina is what they call "direct placement". That means getting a family through the American contacts of families, friends, associations, etc. So we would be so grateful if you could find out in your environment (associates, family, friends, neighborhood, High School, Church, etc) if there is any family in whatever state interested in participating in the International Cultural Exchange Program with Cristina. Thank you very much in advance. In case you know there is anybody interested, please let me know asap. Yours sincerely, Icíar Andí[log in to unmask]

Posted by Nancy Kloberdanz