Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2021 20:58:44 -0400

I haven't written to this group for ages (and just realized that I haven't
been receiving anything either).  But I'm going to try to share a couple of
things  a friend just bought for me at a local grocery store.

1st and most exciting: fresh baked gluten free bread in the bakery
department of the Johnson City NY Wegmans.  Wegmans is a northeast regional
chain that has stores of various sizes.  I don't know if the Wegmans closest
to me has this or not- I'll be checking next time I'm there.  I searched for
it at both stores and came up empty using Wegman's search tool.  Perhaps
it's brand new.  I don't know because I never visit the fresh bakery section
of the store!   Anyway, this is the best thing since sliced bread, and it's
not even sliced: a 19 oz., unsliced loaf of freshly baked oatmeal bread.  It
tastes to me as good as my best pre-gf homemade baked bread.  Ingredients
included various sprouted grains besides oats.  He said there's also an
ancient grains loaf.  I had two slices straight away just with butter, just
like I used to do when my bread came out of the oven.  I'm not going to
slice it and freeze it but store it in my food saver vacuum bread box.

2nd: Bakeology Lemon Crunchy Cookie Bites.  I don't usually care for the
many bite sized cookies on the market but these little guys pack an outsized
punch of lemon flavor wrapped in powdered sugar.  And they are super crunchy
as well.  My new favorite store bought cooky.

Hope you can avail yourselves of these.

Mary Thorpe
Southern Tier of NY