INTERLNG Archives

Discussiones in Interlingua

INTERLNG@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruud Harmsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2014 15:22:58 +0100
14:54 18-2-2014, Paul Gideon Dann:
>Io ha mesme tentate facer parve illustrationes :p

Yes, well done. That helps.

>Presente perfecto, aspecto perfective:
>??????(.)------
>
>EN: I have played

That's not what I read/learnt. As I understood it, the perfect
tense in English denotes action in the past, that continues until
or into the present, actually in the present or in its
consequences. So the perfect tense expresses the IMperfect
aspect. The perfect aspect (finite, closed, brought to a end,
done at a definite times, last week, yesterday, whatever) is
expressed by the simple past (played).

"I have played yesterday" is ungrammatical in English, isn't it?
The presence of the time clause makes the simple past mandatory.
In Dutch "ik heb gisteren gespeeld" is perfectly normal, which
may explain why this is so difficult for me.

>FR: J'ai joué
>IA: Io ha jocate
>
>Passate simple, aspecto perfective:
>
>EN: I played
>FR: Je jouai
>IA: Io jocava

OK, agreed. In pt: toquei, brinquei: perfect tense (non composto).
(Note that English does NOT use its perfeito composto here,
neither does Portuguese).

--
Ruud Harmsen, http://rudhar.com
Ressources sur interlingua: rudhar.com/lingtics/intrlnga.htm