GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hamad S. Sallah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 18:54:13 -0000
Coach,

The concerned citizen has hammered the nail right on the head about
Cheyassin. I also happened to know Cheyasin as a professional having worked
at the High court for 6 long years. He has an arrogant air of boastfulness
about him which could be noticed by every part of his being.

I can vividly remember in the days of the defunct Commission of inquiry into
the financial activities of The Gambia Ports Authority, when young, dazzling
with brilliance and intelligent lawyers like Essa Faal, used to make him
sound legally incapable of handling his client 's(Pa Cham) contest. He has
accumulated a lot of ill-feelings, reminiscent of his failed political
ambition and his almost dented professional legal standing in the national
Bar association.

At best, he is a very lonely and sad man looking for the company which he
cannot find in the Bar Association and this is why the crackpot Jammeh
happened to find him as a willing so-called intellectual fool that can be
used as the drama of events in the Gambia dictates.

So Coach, I definitely agree with the concerned citizen about the truth he
has written on Cheyasin.

Let it be made clear to all that no Gambian is more Gambian than the other,
save the one that has put his life in harm's way to advance the cause of
democracy and the rule of law. The Jammehs, Singhateys, Seckas and all their
accomplies and allies in their war of oppression, repression and depression
in The Gambia cannot outlive time and history. The Gambian people will call
them to account for all their deeds and misdeeds and just justice aportion
accordingly.

Long live the aspirations of the Gambian people for a just government. Down
with failed Jammehism !

Jarama

Sallah