GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kanja Darboe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:06:32 -0000
Hi all,
I am calling on all interested in fighting the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Africa,
Gambia in particular to please contact me at this e-mail address or at
[log in to unmask]  As all of you are aware, AIDS is pandemic in Africa
and we need to something to curb the spread of this virus.  I am therefore
appealing on all interested persons to come together and work with the
grassroots organizations that work with HIV/AIDS prevention in the Gambia.
We can not wait to for the west or anyone to solve our problems, we need to
do it ourselves.  The number of HIV/AIDS cases in the Gambia is small
compared to other African countries but we need to get started NOW and
increase our efforts.  Senegal has an excellent prevention program that has
worked and we too can have one.. I urge all that are interested to please
contact me so we can get a committee started.. it could be 2 or maybe 3 of
us but I believe we can make a difference.  If there is an organization that
already is working towards this goal,please let me know because we don't
need to reinvent the wheel... I hope to hear from interested people soon..
Thank you.

Yama Darboe