GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Baba Galleh Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2007 09:39:05 +0000
This is a good way of treating African despots like Mugabe. Universities
should think long and hard before jumping to award honorary
degrees/doctorates etc to people whose only qualification is being at the
helm of their countries' affairs, a position they then proceed to abuse and
insult in a most shameful manner. Because of such honorary degrees, we have
ignoramuses strutting around in fanciful academic gowns on our continent
claimng to be doctors and philosophers while enaging in relentless regimes
of criminality and ruthless violence against their own citizens. Click on
the link below.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200706080601.html

Baba