GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Baba Galleh Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2007 20:31:20 +0000
Mr. Njaay,

Thanks for the info on Mugabe's educational achievements. Illustrious they
are indeed. However, on this issue, we will have to agree or disagree. As
far as I am concerned, Mugabe is a despot who is using the land issue to
suppress his people and stay on in power as long as he is alive. Those who
claim that he is a victim of the West rather than look at his dismal record
of human rights abuses are, in my opinion, apologists for despotism. I
however respect their opinions as I respect yours. After all, civility and
tolerance of contrary opinions is what we all want in Africa. Thanks.

Baba