GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Y Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2014 18:45:04 -0600
Mr. Drammeh -

From an artist point of view, I am inspired to endorse your call to help Tata Din-din Jobarteh. As a youth, we enjoyed his music at the famous 'Bendoula' center in Brikama in the early 90s. Both Tata and his brother (Pa ) are Kora stars. It was some years back when I enquired about their seeming silence in Gambia's cultural arena, and I was informed that Tata wasn't doing well health wise. He was certainly a top notch promising artist. My heart itches over his predicament and aborted plans of being the Kora super star he once dreamt.

Best regards,
Yero.

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 22:31:15 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [G_L] URGENT MATTER
To: [log in to unmask]

 URGENT MATTER
                              IMMIADIATE ASSISTANCE NEEDED!
 The Griot and music legend Tata Din Din jobarteh is critacially sick and moving only by clutches.

  He cannot afford the medical financial costs. The artists are not fairly taken care of.
  A Griot is a library and this we all know as the embodiment of our culture and history.
 We all have to be conscious on this, sympathetic, generous and obey one of the

 Commandments of God and that is charity. This fine gentleman, a flag of Gambia is slowly fading. Why do we stand aside and look, to see our prophets die prematurely and some of say it's a part of life, thinkers and artists don't matter. The motor of our life as Gambians is: Caring and Sharing. This is the Gambian way!

 We need to restore his health and put him back to the front for the nation and his family. He is a community belonging and he has served his role in our society well and therefore the society should play their part. Let us uphold our values in a positive way.

 "A people without culture is like a tree without roots".
 Author: Oko Drammeh
 To help Tata Din Din
 Please call Tata on this number:
 Telephone: 7422274
  The Gambian Kora emperor Tata Dindin Jobarteh has been a catalyst in the evolution and re-invention of "GAMBIAN KORA MUSIC" to more accurately offer contemporary smooth Kora sounds. Truly Tata Dindin Jobarteh has for the most part created forms sustainable for the expression of his genius.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい