GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Y Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:51:58 -0600
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/16/obama.white.supremacists/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/16/inaugural.preparations/index.html

A Joyous Moment

By YJ

On Tuesday January 20th 2009 will be very historic and touching to emotions.
One cannot express the level of joy. To even the non-blacks, it was just
time for such a significant change in history. It truly will bring the world
to a different time. It means George W. Bush will leave and go back to
Texas. It also puts Obama on stage; the first black man to be president of
the United States of America. The whitehouse built by black slaves many
years ago will now be the home of a black man -a man of colors, African
decendant. The feebled bones of Frederick Douglas will give up a loud noise
in his tomb on that day, imaginarily. In his autobiography, Frederick, a
great educator and pioneer resisting black activist, remembered his master
saying "If you give N*** a penny, he takes a dime." The Black man has taken
that dime now. Dr.King's "I have a Dream" speech will that be echo loud and
clear. It will no longer be the color of the skin but the character of the
individual.

Among all the pride that Black people have about Obama; it is not only the
respect and recognition his ascend to power will give to the black man, but
his message of hope, unity and peace. It is certain that this is an
"experimental rabbit" test for him and the entire nation of Black people,
all over the world. I hope he (Obama) will not fail our pride, and I hope he
promotes a diverse world where all people will be seen equal. I hope he
promotes table-talk diplomacy and resolutions instead of being a war-monger.

This joyous moment shouldn't be only about dwelling on the negatives or
traumas that happened to the black man but probably to deeply reflect how
far our world has grown to tolerance, diversity and acceptance. It is truly
a time to cheer and jubilate. Think of yesterday when a black slave was
laying a brick on the walls of the white house. Think of tomorrow when a
black man will be laying underneath that roof.

Ladies and gentle, Let us thank God Almighty for this joyous moment. let us
give it to Obama and America. Let us give it up to this diverse world of
ours. The root home-coming festival is truly joyous. In the end, I once more
bless the Obama presidency and I am please to have witness this historic
moment. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. This is truly
a joyous moments folks.

--
yj

There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい