GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 15:18:17 +0000
Ebrima,
it´s a fine idea.
The more I come to learn about The Gambia and gambians, the more I find
it´s fantastic how many gambians make a living outside The Gambia, and not
only in western countries, but all over.
Often have I told my gambian friends that there is a fantastic potential,
knowledge, contact-network, which The Gambia could profit from. You have so
many people who can speak many different languages, have international
contacts to universities, institutions, authorities, press and NGO´s, and
put together it become a fantastic ressource-bank.
One of the aims in GESO is to make such a data-bank of gambians, which can
be usefull for not only gambians, but for states, institutes, organisations
all over, who seek information on The Gambia.
So even you can discuss, who should be in such a data-bank I think you
should start. Things take time, and the sooner the better. Then discuss
details later.
I will suggest that also artists should be in the "bank".

Asbjørn Nordam