GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Demba Baldeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2011 17:28:15 -0800
Fankung,

I knew you will put a spin on these questions instead of openly fairly
debating the issue. This was not meant to be a red meat for you and your
folks so don't jump all over the place with jubilation...

On a serious note, you should never under estimate the discontent of the
silence majority in the Gambia. In comparison to Egypt, we have not heard
about unrest, or public outcry in Egypt for the past several years. It
wasn't because the people were happy with the leadership, but because the
dictator has managed to silence all opponents..

This is why he is being humiliated today and will go down in history as one
of the worst to be driven out of power.

Now back to Gambia under your dear leader... how many people do think have
been fired, imprisoned, humialiated? How many people directly or indirectly
have been branded enemies of this regime especially in the security forces?

Do you think Jesus (EX IGP), LangTombong, Marena's family and countless
others will ever forgive your leader? What about the rest of the junta????

Fankung, if you and your leader are smart and think straight you should
consider the discontent of the citizenry. It is not being a coward or given
up to citizen demands but rather being responsive to the needs of your
citizens...

You are making a grave mistake by blindly branding everybody as happy with
your leader... Time will tell!!!!

I bet  you, if you conduct a secret survey in the gambia today, you will
find many people at a boiling point!!!!

Advice your leader to open his eyes and learn from history!!! right now
power corrupts absolute power corrupts!!! you can go to bed with that....

and get off of the false pretense and use fairness in your head!!!

Demba