GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nathan Van Hooser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 09:39:40 -0400
No problem at all.  I don't know if Gamtel does any training for
non-employees.  GTTI is the only institution I know of that does this in
The Gambia.  GTTI has a Department of Computing Science and Information
Technology headed by Mr. Tal'at Al-Ahmary (Paul) Redd.  Not sure if they
have a reliable internet presence yet but the phone number is
(220)-392-600.  They offer the following programs:

    Technician Certificate in Information Processing
    Technician Diploma in Information Processing
    Advanced Technician Diploma in Information Processing
    Advanced Technician Diploma in Business Information Technology
    Certificate in Software Applications
    Diploma in Software Applications
    Programming (PASCAL - several levels)
    Electronic Servicing
    Novell Certifications (CNA and CNE levels)

I don't have all the fee information but as a point of reference, the
Tech. Diploma in IP has tuition of 7,000 Dalasis, book fees around 1,600
Dalasis, and City/Guild Exam fees of 2,600 Dalasis.  Quite expensive but
when you're the only game in town you can set them high.  Hope this
helps,

Nathan Van Hooser
RPCV The Gambia, 91-93