GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:00:18 -0400
Solomon
I only attended the picnic and the soccer games It was crowded but when
darkness fell my bald head lit the whole place ( laugh)
As I told Sang I am not a late night person (I leave that to the young
ones like you) Andrew knows my party days are over and since the events
at night start as late as 2 am, I am already asleep by then..

Hopefully I will see you in your new home town Atlanta soon who we beat
at the ALD soccer tournament. Thanks to TiJan.

No one disagrees with the wrongful and criminal acts of any terrorists
no matter where they originate from . We have seen many instances where
wrong fact and or assumptions lead to misinformation and animosity , so
that was my reason for caution .
You just solved a case a few minuites ago when you rightly correct
Ebrima Ceesay about email addresses without offending any one based on
facts.

One man's food is another man's poison.

I can clearly remember a historic case of Benahem Begin who later became
the Prime minister of Israel when he bombed the King David Hotel
against the British occupation .When he was called a terrorist by
Scotland Yard , he said he was a liberator. Everyone labels his enemies
as they wish to suite themselves.
Yes it is horrible to do any criminal act of bombing innocent people
whether it is in our motherland  or in the Atlanta Olympics or in the
subways of Japan or in  the streets of Algeria.
BTW as you rightly call them cowards in hiding ( like Hitler in bunkers)
choose random targets which unfortunately lead to common law abiding
citizens like us suffer for --Imagine profiling any Islamic sounding
names (or African )for questioning at Airports
,work etc. would lead to unnecessary discrimination to many of us .
These cowards can be stopped by common people like us at the source by
demanding that we will not support them to kill anyone directly or
indirectly .This is even true for individuals within any Government be
it the CIA, Mossad, Savak,  NIA, TonTons of PapaDoc etc.

I hope you understand  it was not pointed at you but just a general
statement and secondly I am your older brother who can "regleh" you any
time.

Take care
It's Habib