GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Binneh Minteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:04:35 -0500
YAHYA JAMMEH'S WORDS IN FARAFENI AND OTHER PLACES,BANJUL-DAKAR COLD WAR
PLUS.

During one of Jammeh's trips around The Gambia(a country that he calls his
own farm),the man went irate again and succeeded in sending insults to
Dakar through his transparent "gaarouwaleh".
The Gambian so-called president,was making comparisons between The Gambia
and some neighbouring countries saying that the hospitals he built are
treating patients from other countries who visit them on horse and donkey
carts.Well can people from Bissau come to The Gambia on horse or donkey
carts? Any patient who attempts doing so has two hurdles to cross and they
are;the distance and then the red zone controlled by armed bandits within
the forest.These are bandits that Yahya himslef arms.
During that meeting Yahya went irate and then isulted the western countries
so much so that some members of his entourage rushed to clean the taped
versions from the GRTS journalists.The GRTS journalists know how many times
these people retireve such cassettes from them.The most difficult job on
earth is whne someone is trying to cover a mad man with nice words!
 We all know the story about the insane in our society. Once upon a
time,the relatives of an insane guy wanted to bluff those who were
carricaturing him.So one evening after hearing him! the mad man show the
crecent moon! They hurriedly brought him in the open and then said the
following:"All those who were lying saying that our brother is insane will
be ashamed today because an insane person cannot show people the crecent
moon! so listen to him" They turned towards the insane brother and then
said as follows:"Biram please take your family out of this shame and
stigma,we know you can do it! so go ahead..." Biram all of a sudden
said:"Yes ofcourse there is the crecent moon and people can start eating
and drinking tomorrow because Ramadan has ended..." Biram's family was so
happy and then they started insulting those who called him a lunatic
before.That was a mistake they did!!! Well to their surprise before people
dispersed Biram said as follows:" Listen to me here ok?!!! The! re is
another moon! and another one! and another one!" He started counting moons
and moons and moons! One of Biram's relatives then  said:"this man has not
disgraced you at all! you disgraced yourselves...insane people should not
be sent to a crowd to represent a family and I told you this before we came
here!"

This is exactly what Yahya did at Farafeni.When he started saying those
things against Senegal some of our narrow-minded nationalists were giggling
and they smiled.They liked what Yahya was saying, they wanted him to
continue! That was mistake they also did!!! Unfortunately for them Yahya
went ahead but this time he came on Gambians(his opponents or imaginary
coupists!).Yahya refered to the Kerewan bridge as an example! Here is what
Yahya said:"When I wanted to contruct the bridge at Kerewan,some people
said that a "rabb" (or monster) was there and it was going to stop me! I
Yahya Jammeh called the attention of the "rabb" and then warned it that I
was going to construct the bridge.The "rabb" ofcourse understood that I was
not joking so it decided to come and answer to my call in Kanilai.We
discussed and then agreed.It avoided confronting me!.Today we have a bridge
at Kerewan! So if "rabbs" avoid confronting me I do not care about human
beings.Anyone who tries me will be buri! ed!"
The cassettes  are with people in Farafeni and every where,one of them is a
welder and still has his workshop there.Let the NIA not arrest all welders
in Farafeni please!! The owner of the workshop is not there at the moment!
Yahya speaks and then forgets that people from all parts of the world
gather these very speeches and use that against him!
That is why some seasoned civil servants always warn that he should be
reading or at least rehearsing his major points with some analysts before
going out.No for Yahya speeches are like when an artist goes on a live
show.Even pop stars do not repeat what they say on live shows when
marketing the actual CDS or cassettes to their audience! These cassettes
are dubbed to suit the audience or consumers.How about speeches that affect
the economics,diplomacy,politics,culture and other aspects of the people
including the pop stars themselves?!!! Being a president does not mean
presiding over every little word and action around one's presidency.This is
why OPTV calls this sad soul  A SO-CALLED PRESIDENT!
Now when someone calls Yahya a "rabb" or SIMBA he gets angry.How can one
diferentiate the two after listening to his speech where he shamelessly
talked about the Kerewan brigde.
The next thing is for Gambians to analysethe project itself.Who sponsored
it? How long can it stay? What is the tonnage(weight) it is capable of
handling(lorries,trailers and other cargo) crossing from one end to the
other? Likewise how much was written on paper and what was presented to the
sponsors.Then finally we want to know if Yahya invited the Taiwanese and
the Kuawaitis to hear him discuss with the "rabb"? We want to avoid what
happened before.He said that he receives his money from Allah's bank and
then the IMF came out in the open to show us that he was not that clean to
get it from Allah directly.Instead he was asked to go through
Tripoli,Washington DC,Kuwait City,Riyadh and then Taipei.
This man is really not well. So Yahya has been demoted! From someone who
withdraws directly directly from a hidden bank account in the spiritual
world to a witch craft(student) who speaks to "rabbs" at Kerewan's miniyang
bolong?!!!!!! Gambia!!! Cry Blood!!!
We do not want the bridge to collapse all of a sudden and then Yahya will
turn around telling us that the blow from his "rabb" missed his bees in
Kanilai and then hit the bridge! No we do nOt want our poor farmers to be
victims of a fight that will certainly start between Yahya and his "rabb"
at Kerewan please! Yahya please save our people from your supernatural
gladiator fights with the spirits you alone see!
Before we passed the BFT(Body Fitness Test) in 1985 as new intakes in the
army or then gendarmerie) the doctor who did the medical exams said that if
one is constantly dreaming of big snakes and monstrous images may indicate
some mental problem.I know that someone was about to be dropped for that
but will not say who because I do want to be accused of being full of hate
or a tribalist! God knows I know Yahya's sad side more than Zeinab.
I wish Gambian could introduce open debates between other opposition
members and the incumbent ruler(in our case I would say the incumbent
butcher)? Gambians would have detected Yahya's craziness live on TV.From
1994 to date Yahya has never been seen being confronted on any public and
open debate so who can convince some people to see the deeper part of this
man's sickly tirades apart from his own soul live and direct on a debate?!
It is only insane souls who force anger where it does not belong and then
laugh when people should be angry.Watch Yahya very closely and think about
the latter?!
Yahya's anti Senegalese feelings are so blatant that I do ask myself
why?!!! After all even not for national issues,it is Yahya's own personal
interest to leave some space for the future.What about when OPTV reaches
and he is running away? Has Yahya forgotten that the Gambia is surrounded
by Senegal by land,sea(almost) and air?!!! Hey Yahya Jammeh!!!

Binneh S Minteh
New York University.