GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Yusupha C. Jow" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:46:28 EDT
Brother Mboge:
I chuckled when I saw your reference to Bush as one of the greatest
"wafflers" of our time.  It is true that the man does flip flop like a fish
out of water at times, a reference that I once used to describe our own
Jasseh Conteh a while ago.  But truth be told about Bush, though many do not
like him, I see him as a stand-up man of his word who has done better than
most of us expected.  He is a strong man who has shown that despite his many
failings, he does have compassion for human beings.  I see him as an
emotional yet OK leader.. We can talk about Bush more later.

There is no doubt that Sharon is a thug.  In fact, he was commander of a
Zionist group which specifically took out Palestinian groups responsible for
killing Jew.  Mind you, this happened way back in the 50s.  Ehud Barak also
personally took out many Palestinians, especially after the Munich massacre.
Ehud himself described how he wore a blonde wig and dressed like a woman to
kill one of the top PLO commanders in 1976.  There is no doubt that some of
the Israeli leaders out there are murderers, but so is Arafat.  Arafat's
right hand man (who BTW got taken out by Barak's gang of  retaliators and was
also groomed to take over PLO leadership) planned the Munich massacre where
many innocent israeli athletes were killed.

IMO, both sides hold some responsibility for resorting to violence at the
expense of innocent citizens from both sides.  Building settlements in the
Wesy Bank does not warrant suicide bombings.  Nothing warrants that horrible
act guised as some sort of Jihad.

Only peace, love and understanding will help us move forward peacefully in
that area.  They should take a leaf out the great Nelson Mandela's book, who
stood in front of his enemies and said; "I forgive you"

BTW, I would like to take this opportunity to let all folks who have insulted
me and my family on this list know that I forgive them...

-Yus